ULI Baltimore Young Leaders 2024 Partnership Forum
“8-month long mentoring program built to foster an exchange of professional ideas, friendship, and expertise among young real estate professionals and industry veterans.”
This program matches Baltimore District Council Young Leaders (members under 35 years of age) with experienced real estate industry professionals who provide guidance, support, and thought leadership in an atmosphere of confidentiality and respect. The program also benefits our ULI Mentors who will have an opportunity to strengthen their ties with the future leaders of the local real estate community and the Urban Land Institute Baltimore District Council.
The Partnership Forum is comprised of small groups of Young Leaders that meet several times during the year for career discussions, project tours and social events. Each event will promote a greater understanding of real estate development, professional network growth, and relationship building. The program will culminate with group presentations of a Mock RFP (Request for Proposal) to a prospective client. Each group has a Coordinator, also Young Leaders who were participants in the previous year’s program, that will assist the Mentors in scheduling and organizing events with you, the Mentee.
Partnership Forum sample events and activities:
· In Person & Virtual Seminars on industry topics:
o Development 101
o Project Finance
o Construction Process and Pricing
o Property Management
· “Show & Tell” presentations, along with relaxed group happy hour conversations to share your career path / expertise with others.
· Site Tours to active and recently delivered real estate development projects presented by Project Developers.
· Collaborative “Mock” RFP of a live project presented to the client. Group presentation including preliminary design concepts, pro-forma, and other key considerations.
2024 Partnership Forum Application
If you are interested in applying for the program, please submit the below criteria by email to Lisa Norris at [email protected]. The application deadline is March 28, 2024.
Submit via email:
i) A copy of your resume
ii) Your ULI Member ID# (must be a ULI member for the entirety of the Partnership Forum)
iii) Brief responses to the following questions (limit 250 characters per answer):
1. Why would you like to participate in the 2024 Partnership Forum Program?
2. What is your experience with the Urban Land Institute (ULI)? Tell us what you know about ULI and any previous involvement you have had with ULI, if any.
3. What do you hope to gain by completing the program, and how will you use the information you learn from the program?
Important Dates & Program Information:
· An evening kick-off event for the selected candidates will be held in Spring 2024 [Date TBD] at the ULI Baltimore Office. This event is mandatory.
· There will be a fee of $150 for those accepted into the 2024 program. You will receive a link to complete online payment.
· This is a Young Leader member-only program (participants must be under 35 years of age) and is limited to a total of 50 participants.
If you have any questions, please visit http://baltimore.uli.org/get-involved/partnership-forum or contact the Partnership Forum Program Chair:
Tim Harrington [email protected]
Amberlyn Kauffman [email protected]