The mission of this approximately 8-month long mentoring program is to foster an exchange of professional ideas, friendships, and expertise among young professionals and industry veterans involved in the real estate development process. The program matches Baltimore District Council Young Leaders (members under 35) with experienced industry professionals for guidance and support in an atmosphere of confidentiality, trust and respect while offering Mentors an opportunity to strengthen ties with the future leaders of the local real estate community (including developers, designers, contractors, financiers, legal, etc.) and the Urban Land Institute Baltimore District Council.
2020 Partnership Forum Application
This is a Young leader member-only program (for those under the age of 35) and is limited to 40 participants. Applications will be accepted through Monday, March 25th, 2020. Please submit your application to Lisa Norris at Lisa.Norris@uli.org.
If you are interested in participating in the program, please submit your Resume, ULI Member ID# (you must be a ULI member for the entirety of the Partnership Forum), Brief responses to the following questions (limit 250 characters per answer).
1. Why would you like to participate in the 2020 Partnership Forum Program?
2. What is your experience with the Urban Land Institute (ULI)? Tell us what you know about ULI and any previous involvement you have had with ULI, if any.
3. What do you hope to gain by completing the program, and how will you use the information you learn from the program?
Important Program Information: The location of the 04/7/2020 kick-off event will be forwarded to the selected candidates. This event is mandatory. There will be a fee of $125 for those accepted into the 2020 program – please complete your payment and registration here.
If you have any questions, contact the Partnership Forum Program Chairs:
Arjun Hosakere email@example.com and/or Antonio Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 Partnership Forum Mock-RFP WinnerThe Heart of The Harbor: Harbor Place
Previous Partnership Forum activities included:
- Presentation and tour of the War Horse Transaction at the Canton Waterfront, Cross Street Market, and the Baltimore Rotunda, as well as recent/current developments in Remington, Mt. Vernon, Towson & Columbia. Discussions with developers and project managers often include origins, evolutions, and finances of the projects as well as challenges and successes.
- Requisite “Show & Tell” presentations, along with relaxed group happy hour conversations to share your career path/expertise with others.
- Collaborative Mock RFP group presentation to Baltimore Development Corporation for site development concepts – including preliminary design concepts, pro-forma, and other key considerations. Winning teams earn an additional, separate meeting with the client, allowing them to further explain the proposal.
If you have any questions or are interested in participating, please contact the Partnership Forum Chair: Arjun Hosakere – email@example.com