Congratulations to our 2020 WaveMaker Award winners:
A. Hoen & Co. Lithograph Center for Neighborhood Innovation
Enoch Pratt Free Library
2020 People’s Choice Award Winners: A. Hoen & Co. Lithograph Center for Neighborhood Innovation and Wheelhouse Apartments
2020 Lifetime Achievement Winner: Charles B. Duff
Judging Criteria – Applications should clearly address the following categories and should be organized in the same manner:
- PROJECT OVERVIEW – provide a 2-3 sentence descriptive overview of the project.
- COMPLETENESS – describe in detail the completeness and financial viability of the project. A program and/or process (i.e. growth management strategy or publicly guided development program) must be fully implemented and must be a sound investment of private and/or public funds in terms of their success in transforming communities and neighborhoods.
- A SENSE OF PLACE AND QUALITY – explain how the project reflects the special characteristics of the locality, community, and region in which it is located OR creates an inspiring environment that becomes an important anchor of the surrounding community. The project shall achieve a high standard of excellence in all areas – design, construction, economics, marketing, and management.
- SUSTAINABILITY – describe how the project incorporates elements of sustainability such as being in a priority funding area (preferably a redevelopment or infill site), use of existing infrastructure, utilization of green technologies (building and/or site), use of alternative transportation methods and/or transit-oriented design, and addressing existing local neighborhood needs such as job training, employment growth, educational and recreational programs for all ages.
- VISIONARY AND EMULATION – illustrate how the project steps out from the norm, taking a concept to a brand-new level that others will want to emulate.
A NEED – demonstrate that the project responds to the unique needs of the area in which it is located and to the customers it will serve.
hank you to our 2020 – 2021 WaveMaker Event Sponsors: