“The mission of this approximately 8-month long mentoring program is to foster an exchange of professional ideas, friendship, and expertise among young real estate professionals and industry veterans.”
ULI Baltimore is now accepting applications for the Young Leaders Group 2018 Partnership Forum Program until March 26, 2018.
This program matches Baltimore District Council Young Leaders (members under 35) with experienced industry professionals for guidance and support in an atmosphere of confidentiality, trust and respect while offering Mentors an opportunity to strengthen ties with the future leaders of the local real estate community and the Urban Land Institute Baltimore District Council.
The Partnership Forum will be comprised of small groups of Young Leaders, which will meet several times during the year for career discussions, project tours, social events and any other activities the group organizes to promote a greater understanding of real estate, grow your professional network, and strengthen relationships. The program will culminate with group presentations of a Mock RFP (Request for Proposal) to a prospective client. Each group will have a Coordinator, all of whom were participants in the previous year’s program and will assist the Mentors in scheduling and organizing events with you, the Mentee.
Previous Partnership Forum activities included:
· Presentation and tour of Recreation Pier in Fells Point, Sagamore Spirit in Port Covington, and the Baltimore Sun building, as well as recent/current developments in Remington, Mt. Vernon, Towson & Arundel Mills. Discussions with developers and project managers often include origins, evolutions, and finances of the projects as well as challenges and successes.
· Requisite “Show & Tell” presentations, along with relaxed group happy hour conversations to share your career path/expertise with others.
· Collaborative Mock RFP group presentation to Baltimore Development Corporation for site development concepts – including preliminary design concepts, pro-forma, and other key considerations. Winning teams earn an additional, separate meeting with the client, allowing them to further explain the proposal.
2018 Partnership Forum Application
If you are interested in participating in the program, please submit your resume, ULI Member ID#, and brief responses to the following (limit 250 characters per answer):
- Why you would like to participate in the 2018 Partnership Forum Program.
- What is your experience with the Urban Land Institute (ULI)? Tell us what you know about ULI and any previous involvement you have had with ULI, if any.
- What do you hope to gain by completing the program, and how will you use the information you learn from the program?
Applications will be accepted now through Monday, March 26, 2018. Please submit your application to Danielle Dunlap at Danielle.Dunlap@uli.org.
Important Program Information:
- The date and location of the kick-off event will be forwarded to the selected candidates. This event is mandatory.
- There will be a fee of $100 for those accepted into the 2018 program. You will receive a link to complete online payment.
- This is a Young Leader member-only program is limited to 50 participants.
If you have any questions, please visit http://baltimore.uli.org/get-involved/partnership-forum or contact the Partnership Forum Program Chair, Troy Marrocco, via email at email@example.com.
Thank you to our Partnership Forum Program Sponsor: