ULI Baltimore Communications & Events Intern
Location: Baltimore, MD
Timeframe: Immediate – open
Hours: 10-20 hours a week (flexible)
The ULI Baltimore District Council has a paid internship opportunity available for an outstanding graduate student or recent graduate. The intern will assist with event planning and coordination, as well as district council operations.
- Attend events and write recaps
- Assist in venue communications and bookings
- Attend committee meetings
- Help prep for events – name tags, registration table, set up/clean up
- Help with programming structure, organization, and execution
- Register guests and answer questions they may have
- Track industry events in the master calendar
- Be organized and punctual
- Have strong communication skills, both in writing and in-person
- Have a background in event management, hospitality, communications, public relations, real estate, marketing, or similar field
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and have the ability to learn new software
- Paid internship
- Real-world event planning experience
- Opportunity to work one-on-one with some of Baltimore’s top land use professionals and governmental leaders
- The chance to learn about event planning procedures, networking strategies, event management software, marketing, and social media
A strong candidate will be currently enrolled in real estate, urban planning, communications, or a related field. Graduate candidates preferred, but undergraduates with the right skill set also considered. Candidates should have good project management and research capabilities. Strong written, oral and verbal communication skills are a must. Candidates should have competent digital content management skills and dexterity with word processors and spreadsheets. Word press, digital imaging, and mapping are a plus.
Founded in 1963, we now have almost 40,000 members worldwide, representing the entire spectrum of land use and real estate development disciplines working in private enterprise and public service. A multidisciplinary real estate forum, ULI facilitates an open exchange of ideas, information, and experience among industry leaders and policy makers dedicated to creating better places. Members say we provide information they can trust, and that ULI is a place where leaders come to grow professionally and personally through sharing, mentoring, and problem-solving. With pride, ULI members commit to the best in land use policy and practice.
ULI Baltimore serves Central Maryland and the Eastern Shore with over 600 local members.
If you are interested please email Lisa Norris at Lisa.Norris@uli.org